Monday, June 27, 2011

Ireland - Day 1

 
To begin our travels, we departed on a flight from Austin on the afternoon of June 14th. We flew to JFK, and headed to Dublin from there. It was an overnight flight from JFK to Dublin... Little did we know that they did not actually plan to let us sleep! Passengers were awoken about an hour into the flight and told they must raise their seats, as the staff were serving a meal. This was at midnight Eastern Time! We were awoken several other times during the flight. Needless to say, we were walking zombies our first day in Dublin. We still managed to explore much of our surrounding area, including Trinity University, which was directly across the street from our hostel.

 
Of course, we had to enjoy a few Guinnesses right off the bat.

Our first meal in Ireland! Cottage Pie and Fish & Chips.
 
I thought this was a nice view of the city. Words just cannot describe the beauty! It was also nice that it did not get dark until about 11:30 at night.
 
 
Kristina did not find this as humorous as I did... However, I think some of you at home will appreciate it. Mom and Dad, I am going to be a banker in Ireland!

1 comment: