Monday, July 4, 2011

Bath, England

A private park situated immediately adjacent to our hostel. It was nice to look at every morning, though a little discouraging that we could not actually stroll through it.
 

As you will see, many cities have unique signals for pedestrian crosswalks. Bath's was a jolly man :)

The street performers in Bath were surprisingly good: musicians of all sorts, magicians, comedians, etc. However, they were prone to lecturing about how what they do is a craft, so we should give them money (my own brief synopsis).

There was a Boules tournament on the Saturday we were in Bath. Everyone seemed to be having a great time in the wonderful weather drinking champagne and beer. I may invest in a Boules set when I get back (assuming I have a yard). It looked quite fun.

Tree hugger!

The Circus #1

The Circus #2 - it extends in a circle


I got a little picture crazy when we went to the botanical gardens. The design was brilliant, and notice how GREEN everything is. There are no sprinklers anywhere here, just perfect weather.








Our view from the tree we climbed (see below)

We climbed a tree...

The Royal Crescent



Bath Abbey



Inside of Bath Abbey

1 comment:

  1. Now Bath is my favorite! I'm super impressed with your photography skills--the pictures from the botanical gardens are great!

    ReplyDelete