Sunday, July 10, 2011

Brussels, Belgium

Brussels is a pretty amazing city, but it smells quite terrible. However, the food is incredible! They love waffles, chocolate, beer, and fries.

What the Belgians refer to as "tourist waffles."

My buddy, Pinocchio

Chocolate and an elephant! Two of Kristina's favorite things!
I was hoping he would pull an I Love Lucy. Sadly, he did not...

The first of many frites stands. Tell me that is not creepy! They give you many options, but for the most part, people smother their frites in mayonnaise. It should be a sin.


My favorite waffle man (and I met many!).

For Tammy!

Our first Belgian beers in a cute and swanky bar/lounge/coffee shop.

Waffle number 1/8 (between the two of us, of course!). An authentic Belgian waffle with powdered sugar in the middle.



Excellent Trappist beer! Red, blue, & white. I'm so patriotic!


The Brussels Museum... Boring except for the exhibit that showed Manneken Pis's wardrobe.
This was Town Hall, I think.

Manneken Pis

Look how small he is! He garners so much attention.
He's everywhere!!

They changed his costume the last day we were there!


Everyone in Brussels (and in most of Europe) loves Obama!

Oriental sweets... They were exotic AND delicious!


Jeanneke Pis, Manneken Pis's little sister.

The peeing dog. As you can see, the Belgian's are all about peeing statues.


Delirium Cafe: Guinness Record holder for most beers offered.


There were comic strips on the walls of many buildings!

The side of a building.



Tourist waffle from Häagen-Dazs. Amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment